- 13.10h 'Romanizing' animal husbandry: Britain and other provinces.
- 13.35h Crop trajectories in the Iberian Peninsula between the Roman Empire and the Islamic period: no dietary changes in plant components?
- 14.00h Impacts of recent and ancient colonialism on agricultural practices in northern Sudan.
- 14.25h Porridge, bread and beer in northern Sudan – archaeological perspectives of the transformation and tradition of food practices during the Bronze and Iron ages
- 14.50h – 15.05h Break
- 15.05h The historical botanical collection of the Società Africana d’Italia: a glimpse to ethio-eritrean food plants over time.
Matteo Delle Donne
- 15.30h The grapes of domination. Social History of alcohol in Tunisia under French Protectorate (1881-1956).
- 15.55h Historicizing the Mposo: paternalism, power and food in interwar Belgian Congo
- 16.20h Colonialism and palm oil production and consumption in West Africa, ca. 1850-1960.
- 16.45 – 17.30h Discussion.